ReGen Community is an International Development charity started in 1998 and focused on making a difference in Africa. We are based in Canada and are a registered charity with the Canadian Revenue Agency (885139576RR0001).
Where are you involved?
We are partnered with Faith Foundation and Trust for Africa (TFA) in Lesotho. Their programs include:
- Grandma's House - a unique emergency refuge for children in crisis. It serves as a transition home for children who have been abandoned, orphaned, and/or traumatized by physical or sexual abuse.
- Trauma Informed Care Training - to date, TFA trained 100 child welfare workers—representing 41 organizations—who serve more than 12,500 at-risk children. Additionally, 20 child welfare professionals are now certified as trainers to teach the Trauma Informed Care curriculum to others.
- Education Support - providing tuition fees and uniforms for vulnerable youth in high school and higher education programs.
- Family Based Care - TFA is currently on a national task force team to create and implement a model of family based care for at-risk children. We believe in building families, not orphanages!
To donate to this project, please see the Stronger Communities donation page.
Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
- We have been involved in the DRC since 2007 and have partnered with the Université de l'Alliance au Congo (UAC) and Communauté Évangélique de l'Alliance au Congo (CEAC) both located in Boma, Bas-Congo DR Congo.
- The Democratic Republic of Congo is one of the poorest countries in the word as measured by Gross Domestic Product per capita (around $500 USD) which means a family of four at the average would earn $2,000 in a year.